Thursday, February 25, 2010

Feb.25: Dominican Republic Vacation - Day 6

OK so I puked. It really wasn't the waves on the ocean, it was the horrid smell of diesel & exhaust. I didn't throw up much, but just enough. Also I was the only one who got sick. :(


It was a really good day today. We got picked up at 7am and drove for about 1/2 hour then stopped for breakfast. We had eggs, sausage (I threw that up), cheese & ham. Oh and the great coffee! I very good meal.


Back on the road and down to Samana. Very nice town and it looked interesting. I would have liked to tour around a bit but we had no time.


We went straight onto speed boats and out to sea we went. It was a while before we saw any whales but then they kept on appearing. I also saw a lot of dolphins. The whales jumped out of the water (almost full bodies) and we saw a lot of tails. They leave a large water bubble when they dive which I thought was interesting.



Their bellies are white but in the ocean they look blue. We spent close to three hours watching and moving closer to the whales.

As we started to come back in that is when I got sick. We were close to another boat and all I could smell was the diesel & exhaust. I just couldn`t hold it down. Thank goodness I threw up just a bit and not a lot.

We then sailed to a small island with a resort on it. We had lunch (I was starving then!) and then we had 2.5 hours free. We walked around and got harassed by sellers.

I went to the beach and went swimming. The water was great and the beach like at Punta Cana - nice white sand. I wish I had my snorkeling gear as there was a reef I wished I could have checked out.

I really enjoyed the guys trying to sell stuff. We did have a Coco Loco in a coconut shell - with rum of course! Finally I got to drink out of a coconut.


We finally got back onto the boat and sailed back to the dock. We got back on the bus and started on our way back to the resort.

We did have a small stop to a little store on the way back. It was interesting as we were the only 3 English speaking people on the bus. The remainder were German.

Our resort also has a lot of Swedish people.

So today was a really good day as I really enjoyed the tour.

No comments: