Monday, February 22, 2010

Feb.22: Dominican Republic Vacation - Day 3

Today was a quet day and the weather is warmer. We went for breakfast and then I went straight for the beach. John and Sheila eventually came but then John went back to the room.

I went for a nice long walk on the beach. At the end of the resort I had to sign out. Then I went to the farthest point I could go. The beach then disappears and I came back. I was gone for about an hour I think. It was nice and peaceful and I got some good pictures.

Sign at the end of the resort.

So far I've been in the water every day even though it is choppy. The sun came out for a bit this afternoon so I took advantage and hit the waves. Tomorrow I'm gonna try snorkling no matter what.

We went to the Mexican a la cart tonight and I ate too much. I hope I haven't gained a ton of weight. My legs are sore from the long walk today.

It rained this evening - the first time since arriving.

I attempted to watch the "entertainment" show this evening but it was too painful. The dancing was horrible, no one was in sync and it appeared they were doing just what they wanted.

Scene at the end of the beach.

Hut just outside the resort - selling seashells.

No comments: