Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Feb.23: Dominican Republic Vacation - Day 4

It was a nice day today. The clouds finally disappeared but the wind was still whipping around. The ocean wasn't as choppy as previous days. I did try snorkling but it was still too murky.

I went into the water several times and got a sunburn on my face, chest & shoulders. I went and bought more sunscreen as I think mine is just too old. I also had to buy some fake crocs as the blisters between my toes from my sandals was getting unbearable today.

John & Sheila wimped out at the beach this afternoon. Right after lunch they both went back to their room and slept all afternoon. I snoozed on the beach and went into the water.

They were refreshed and went to the Karaoke during the last of the evening show. Me I'm going to bed.

Evening shows are horrible! You can sure tell the difference between 5 stars and 4 star resorts. I didn't think it would be so glaringly obvious!

We got notification that we can go to Puerto Plata on Friday so tomorrow we'll got and book it. Also tomorrow I'm going to explore the south part of the beach to see how far I can go.



My favourite spot on the beach.

Nice little elephant to make the day brighter.


Walking back to my room I stopped off on the beach. I just can't seem to get any good night shots.

No comments: