Friday, March 07, 2014

Lent - Day 3 (Tool Up)

Today's act involves my toolbox. Each of us has a toolbox full of items which make us unique. Here is what is in my toolbox:

  • My witty sense of humour. I get this from my dad and am very proud of it. I'm able to come up with quick one liners that seem to break the silence or ease a stressful situation.
  • My creativity. Get this from my mom but she will say that's not true. Sorry mom it is. Like mom, I can come up with some good ideas to situations or projects I'm working on.
  • Stubbornness - get this from BOTH my parents. It comes in handy when you are working on a problem and you can't quite figure it out. I use this a lot at work actually.
  • Being easy going. A lot of people tell me this so I'm tossing it into my box.
  • Spontaneous - I'd say I'm losing this a bit as I'm not as spontaneous as when I was younger.
  • Being a worrier. Ok this might not be one of the shiniest or healthiest tool but it has saved my butt on many occasions, making me really think on decisions or outcomes.
  • Being analytical. I like to think things through and work on all possible outcomes.
  • Organized, in everything.
  • A clean freak - everything nice & tidy!

That's all I can think about for now but I'm sure I have more hidden gems to be placed in my toolbox of life.

Today I used my sense of humour with a group of ladies from work. We went out for lunch & it was nice to get to know new people.

No comments: