Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Lent - Day 1 (Start a Journal)

So I'm not a religious person but feel the need to change what little I can in this world. Tonight I found this website promoting the 40 days of Lent and promoting generosity. Here is my attempt at the change.

The challenge for today is to start a journal. Instead of a journal I hope to blog everything.

Today I am thankful for my family. I am thankful that I have both my parents, who even though they get under my skin are still somewhat healthy and have the ability to bug and harass us kids. I am thankful that I can hear their voices every day, that I know they love me as much as I love them.

I am thankful that I have an amazing brother and sister who would move heaven and earth if asked.

I am thankful that I have a wonderful dog Lucy. Who puts a smile on my face every day even when she's at grandma's and grandpa's during the week. Who is too smart for her own good and keeps me on my toes just trying to keep up with her.

I am thankful for being Canadian and even though the winter has been horrible this year, glad to live in such a wonderful landscape and country. Thankful I've never had to deal with uprising or war.

I am thankful for my friends who help me when I'm down, laugh with and cry with me when the need arises.

No comments: