Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Lent - Day 20 (Always Talk to Strangers)

Act: Always Talk to Strangers

Today my challenge is to turn an old adage on its head. Don’t ignore strangers, make a point of talking to them. Just a simple smile, a comment about the weather and a ‘how are you doing today?’ can open up a really interesting conversation.

Well if you know me this is a big challenge for me. Yes I admit it, I'm shy. Still after all these years I still have a hard time striking up conversations with strangers.

BUT I did accomplish this. In Lucy's Agility class on Monday I have been striking up conversations with people. Everyone there is very stand-offish but I had started conversations. I do try to talk to people I don't know more and am consistently working on this.

I consider this task complete.

No comments: