Thursday, July 01, 2010

Beaglefest X - Day 1


Beaglefest X Itinerary - Thursday

2:30-5pm - Doubletree Hotel, The Library
- Event Registration
- Scavenger Hunt Team Sign-up
- Museum Lottery Ticket Sales
- Stained Glass Lottery Ticket Sales
- CCI Item Auction Viewing

6-9pm - Double Decker Lanes (Walking distance from the hotel)
- Private Reception Event
- Late Registration
- Scavenger Hunt Team Registration
- Museum Lottery Ticket Sales
- Stained Glass Lottery Ticket Sales
- CCI Mini Auction

9pm - Doubletree Hotel
- Room Sales

Happy Canada Day!

Well today has been a packed day. I ordered breakfast for today and it was a lot of food. Good thing I did a lot of walking today.

I took a taxi into Santa Rosa to the main plaza. I got there around 8:30am and things didn't open until 10am so I had a lot of time to kill.

I saw my first Snoopy sculpture so was on a mission to find & photograph as many as I could.


There was a mall at the end of the plaza but I didn't go through it until later.

I was able to do a lot of walking and found Historic Railway station which doubles as the visitor booth as well. Here I got more Peanuts pictures and a paper that showed all the locations of the new Lucy statues. Next time I'll have to rent a car.


I ate lunch in the old courthouse plaza. It was a gorgeous day. I did start to panic as it took me almost 2 hours to find a taxi to take me back to my hotel. They sure are hard to find.

Registration was a little late but once it started it kept on going. I got this nice shirt, 2 stuffed Snoopies, a nice coaster set and a great bag to carry it all in.

After registering we went to a room to look at items which will be auctioned off through out the events.

Then the room sales began. People bring items to sell and have all their stuff laid out in their rooms. It is a bit overwhelming that is to say the least!

I met a few nice people who have seemed to take me under their wing. Do I look/act that lost? I am on their scavenger hunt team for tomorrow.

At first I thought this was just going to be a goof-fest but it isn't. There are a lot of nice people here. Yes there are some weird people but less than I first imagined.

I went back to my room after checking out some room sales as I had a headache and wanted a nap. I think I got too much sun today.

I met Denise & Tracy at 5:45pm so we could walk over to the bowling lanes together. There was about 20 of us who walked over.

We had pizza and pop for dinner then then bowled. Afterwards there were gifts (door prizes) given out and finally the auction of some items.

I did get my picture taken with the REAL SNOOPY which was very exciting.



At the auction a bottle of wine signed by Jeanie Schulz went for $250 and a sweater with hand embroidered beads went for $400. All proceeds go to the Canine Companionship International.


We came back to the hotel and hit the room sales again.

Today I bought some ornaments, a nice coffee mug, some material and a bag.

Tomorrow is going to be action packed as we are going to the museum.

I can't wait!!!

No comments: