Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Belated birthday, Guam shift

First I have to say BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my dearest sister Jacki. Yesterday was her birthday and I was gonna surprise her at work with supper, but plans in the city just don't work out. I owe her big time and have to come up with something HUGE to make up for it.

Yesterday was a day from hell. With my departure (if I make it), the President is being really nice but annoying. He is also spending more time trying to figure out what I've done wrong and how I've screwed the company, thus causing me more grief. I had one supervisor say to him that all the problems we are currently having the payroll issues for the interviewers is my fault. Nice. This is the same supervisor who walked out of the shift saying he was done and wouldn't help others wrap things up.

So I had to start looking at payroll discrepancies from January! This just made my day. I don't have enough time to even go to the washroom, let alone take on another task. But it is expected of me. I was at work late last night and the supervisor who was to work the Guam shift (11 pm to 5 am) came in stoned. Lovely, just (*&)@#$ lovely. So I had to fire his ass and run the shift as I could not get anyone else to run the shift with no notice. I started looking into things and he didn't do anything that was required of him, which made me more pissed off then I already was. He never kept track of the taxi vouchers, so I am deducting all the missing information from his final pay.

Thank goD for Jacki as she came and helped me figure things out. I'm exhausted today and not going into work. I don't know what it is about my personality but even though I have resigned and am giving them 4 weeks, I really care that things get done properly while I'm here. I know I shouldn't take on this burden as no one helped me before but I don't know how not to. I'm pissed and worried at the same time. Moving home with no job or house doesn't help either.

The house is conditionally sold - they have until Friday to get financing. I think that's all the news I have for now. I'm gonna go take a nap.

Oh ya! Mom & dad are moving into town in May, so I was helping mom go through some of her "stuff". We came to a lot of knitting that is half done. So if there are any knitters out there who can finish some of these projects off, please contact me. I also found a lot of buffalo wool and would really like to have a sweater made. Send me an email or update my blog and we can get in touch and start this going!

No comments: