Saturday, September 17, 2005

2 Days and Counting

Well I'm officially on holidays, but will have to go into the office today and tomorrow. There are some problems with a few projects that I want to see to the end which is Sunday. So I'll be going in and checking on them before Monday. Come Monday though the cellphone doesn't get answered and email won't be checked (ok I'll try to NOT check my work email).

I had another stressful week. As of Friday I have worked 12 days in a row so I was a little sensitive. There seems to be a little "pissing" match between the offices and I'm the one in the middle. I'm getting pulled in both directions so I really, really need this coming week off. I told everyone that I'm completely unavailable. We've had to outsource some projects and the president isn't happy about this. So I had to read the riot act to my Field Manager as he hasn't really been doing his job and he is not really creative. In his position he has to be. Plus right now since I'm so busy trying to get the two office connected and getting our predictive dialer up and running, I haven't had the time to check to see what he is doing. He better shape up, otherwise look out.

I was so overwhelmed on Tuesday that I had to leave the office for a good hour and a half. If I had my keys and purse with me, I honestly can say I would not have gone back. I was that mad and upset. I'm only one person and am pulled in two directions so I had to tell everyone that I can only do one thing at a time. We'll see what happens.

This being Saturday I wanted to sleep in, but I couldn't. I woke up all night long, hoping the day would come so I would be a day closer getting into my house. Huguette and I went to the house on Tuesday to do some measuring. I actually just wanted to go into the house again just so I could remember it. That made me excited as I wasn't really excited until I saw it again.

So I'm trying to figure out how I'm gonna decorate, where the furniture will be, etc., etc. I hope to have everything ready before the movers come on Monday. I went on Thursday and bought my fridge, washer & dryer and got a really good deal. The appliances will be delivered on Tuesday, so I'm gonna have to take mom & dad out for breakfast.

It will be nice to stop living out of a suitcase and have my own space again. Huguette has been wonderful but working and living together is tough. Not that we have fought or anything, but I'd like to have some alone time. I really don't know how I'm gonna repay her for this so will have to think hard.

I have cleaned up all the pictures off my digital camera so I'll be posting pictures of the house when I get in there. I'll take before and after shots if I get a chance. I was also thinking about ripping up the rug in the dining room before the movers come to expose the hardwood floor, but will see if I get a chance to or not.

The girls from work took me out for dinner on my birthday. We went to this restaurant and had seafood and wine. It was really nice. Then we went to a dessert place by Huguette's and I had this wonderful chocolate cake with cream cheese icing - just to die for. I'll have to take ma & pa there when they are in town. Dad will be in heaven.

That's all I have for now, I'm gonna try and relax and not stress out about work but you all know me. I'm a helpless cause.

I miss you all. Please post or email me.

No comments: