Thursday, June 20, 2013

Flood Pictures

Pictures from my drive around tonight - trying to see how much impact the rain has on the rivers so far.


This is the Southland Offleash park. I take Lucy there all the time. They had security guards at the park turning people away stating the park is closed due to the river levels.


Underpass flooded by the river right beside it. This section under Heritage Drive always floods.



Poor bumblebee

Gazebo in Riverbend

Bow River taken from pedestrian bridge in Riverbend


This is part of the offleash park. It is about 20 feet from the top you see here to where the dogs normally go down to the riverbank.




In the background you can see a nice wooden fence the city put in a couple of years ago. This took you down to a spot where you could access the river. As you can see it is all under water now.


Oh look! There is part of the fence that has broken off and is floating down river.


The specs in this picture is not my lens. It is the tree fluff starting to fly.


Pretty finch singing on my walk back to my car.



Artistic shot of an old gate.



Dam at the Glenmore Reservoir - my destination



Look I found my new  house! Lucy will have a great time in that yard.


Crossing the dam is blocked off.


Water & little men.


Power of water. Good thing they let this off the reservoir a bit.



Dam on the reservoir side


Bridge over the Glenmore Reservoir


Part of the Elbow Springs Golf Club (private of course)


Nice old house on the Elbow River 

No comments: