Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year!

Welcome to a New Year. I'm not sure why, but I know 2010 will be a great year.

It might have started with me getting healthy. No this is not a New Years Resolution as I break those like most people. This actually started in December. You wouldn't know it to see me but I can feel it. In the month of December I lost 14.4 lbs - even with Christmas in there. But I didn't go hog wild during the Christmas holidays. I limited myself to 1 treat.

I had a scare with my last doctor's visit saying that I'm borderline diabetic so she sent me to a diabetic counceller and have cut sweets and carbs completely out of my diet. This is not forever, but until I get my weight under control and know how to eat healthier. I can have those again but will have to limit them as those are bad for me.

Enough about weight! I've got a few projects on the horizon for this year. First will be my Dear Jane quilt that I'm starting this month. I can't wait for my first package to arrive so I can start. This is a 2 year project ... well getting all the blocks at least.

Also I bought a 2010 quilt calendar so with my 1930s reproduction fabric I will be making 365 blocks. Yes this includes stupid appliqué (can you tell I don't like this). So by the end of this year I will have my 2010 quilt blocks completed.

I've been busy with quilts and have quite a few tops done.... now I just have to finish them. That's the part I hate.

So I'm looking forward to this upcoming year with vim and vigor!

No comments: