Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy 70th Birthday / Halloween

Today was mom’s 70th birthday. For turning 70, she sure looks and acts great! She is like she is in her second childhood, which is a good thing!!

Jacki & I took mom shopping today, for nothing in specific just to spend time together. I was able to get a good haircut today and to top it off it only cost me $16.80!

Last night dad took the family – mom, Jacki, Rod & myself out for mom’s birthday dinner at this hole in the wall Chinese Restaurant. This was a last minute thing so Uncle Ken couldn’t make it. Dana has been sick so she was at home. So it was a wonderful family dinner with just the 5 of us. We all had a good time and went to Jacki’s afterwards. It was just a short walk to/from Jacki’s place.

Mom wanted an ice cream cake from Marble Slab and has been talking about it all week. She pouted that she didn’t get one Friday night after dinner but she didn’t know I had bought one and it was in the freezer at home.


My friends John & Sheila came over Saturday to surprise mom with a gift and we had the cake then. Sheila has adopted mom & dad because she is an orphan. So mom’s OTHER daughter got her a nice table centerpiece with candles on it.

Halloween was very slow and we only had maybe 30 kids. Normally there are a ton of kids around but tonight it was dismal. I shut the door and turned the light off at 7:30pm.

I watched The Rocky Horror Picture show in full (I’ve always only seen parts of it) and was disappointed. I guess my tastes have changed or it wasn’t what I expected.

No comments: