Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Chef William D. Jenkins

We were talking about dinner and I asked dad when he is going to cook for mom & me. He asked what we wanted to have for dinner so I suggested chicken, green beans and either couscous or potatoes. So tonight when I came home for work, mom was down in the basement in her quilt room and dad was busy in the kitchen. I got mobbed by Snoopy & Paige as per normal, put my coat away and mom was coming up the stairs. I went up to the kitchen and here dad is cooking away.

Well guess what we had for dinner! Chicken – mom had to show dad how to do it but she left him so he had to watch it, green beans (he said it took him forever! to prepare them) and potatoes. It was a very nice surprise. He had also spent the afternoon making oatmeal raisin cookies. He is becoming a good cookie maker.

Dad also has a habit about not helping with the dishes as he seems to “disappear” with a million & one excuses – “I’ve got to brush my teeth”, “I’ve got to wash my hands”, etc. etc. By the time he comes back from WHATEVER he does, the dishes are done. So I told mom that we are going to have to cook, use every dish, pot, pan & utensil and then quickly leave so dad has to clean up.

After tonight’s dinner though I think I’ll let the dishes slide as he did a really good job with dinner & cookies for desert too!

No comments: