Thursday, September 24, 2009

September is Almost Gone

Well this month has been a whirlwind of activity, starting the month off with the closing of the WorldSkills competition project. Working the 1 day down at the grounds was a lot of fun. The project completed with a lot of success. This was my first major project of any substance. Needless to say we were able to bill this out at over $100K! Too bad I don’t get a commission for running it successfully.

Unfortunately because I worked September 5th, I did not get to enjoy the LONG weekend. Monday was nice to have off though. John & Sheila came over, we made perogies and we watched the Stampeders game. We had a nice meal and day.

I did go to Sheila’s on Friday September 11th and we girls had pizza and watched the Stampeders game. John was out of town but luckily he made it in time to watch the game with us. His business is starting to take off and I am so excited for them both. It will be interesting in a couple of years to say “I knew John when he was first starting out!”….. That is when he is a multi-millionaire, which I know IS going to happen.

Sheila & John had a birthday dinner and a movie on Saturday for me. Sheila cooked another great meal with corn pasta. It was really good. We then went and saw Inglorious Basterds which I loved. It was kinda gory but I really enjoyed it. Quentin Taratino is one of my favourite movie makers.

I did take my birthday off – September 14th – but really didn’t do anything special. It was a hard day for me. That day a year ago was the first day that Cali started to go downhill. That was the day that she fell over when I took her outside to do her business. I don’t think my birthday will be special for me anymore, just a very sad reminder.

I had cashed in some of my air miles points and got 2 tickets to the Flames pre-season game. I took Dad (of course!) and I think he had a good time. The unfortunate part was that we were in the nose bleed section – 5 rows from the TOP of the Saddledome.

On Thursday I was lucky to get 2 prime tickets to the Flames game. Again this was a pre-season game but it was also the game where Theoren Fleury made his debut back with the NHL. He didn’t play the greatest during the regular game, but got the winning goal in the shoot out. The crowd loved him and kept cheering for him. Dad and I sat right on the centre line on the first balcony. The seats were AWESOME – they should be for $295 each! Thank goodness I got them for free.

Last Saturday was the Corporate Challenge Volleyball Tournament. This year we made it into the challenge and since I love volleyball I joined up for the company’s team. There were only 2 girls – myself and another – so there were no substitutions. We played two sets only. We lost the first set and won the second. The team we beat had to win over the team we lost to for us to go on. That didn’t happen so I was home early. It was a lot of fun and we are looking at joining a league to play in the winter.

I started to go to Yoga at work Tuesdays. It is during the lunch hour and has been really relaxing so far. We go until the middle of November so I should be very flexible by then.

This Saturday Mom and I are going to the Creative Stitches event down at the Stampede grounds. There should be a lot of quilting supplies and material to be bought! I also am going to wrestling Saturday night so I’m gonna be tired Sunday.

Next Wednesday, Jacki & I are going to see His Holiness the Dalai Lama at the Saddledome. I am very excited to see and hear him speak. It will be a once in a lifetime experience.

In October I’m organizing a trip to a local corn maze and we’re also gonna be picking pumpkins!

No comments: