Thursday, June 04, 2009

The Crazy Robin

Before mom and dad went away on their vacation, I was in the basement with the dogs and we heard this thump. It was loud and consistent enough to get Paige barking. I went to see what was going on and saw that a bird had flown into the basement window. It kept flying into the window time and time again. At first I thought it was trying to kill something so I went out and checked with window well. The robin flew away when I came to investigate.

It was the first night mom and dad left. I think they must have had the following planned somehow. Starting at 4:30am the next morning that thumping sound was back. Of course Paige started barking but this time the thumping came from my window. I got up to see what it was and it was the damned robin again. It flew into the window a couple of times before I scared it off.

The next morning around the same time, the damn robin was back. It would fly into the window consistently and not stop. I would have to go to the window to scare it away. It would just fly up and sit on the fence staring down at me. It was as if the damn robin was mocking me. I then put a pillow in the window thinking that might scare it off if it came back the next day.

Well sure as anything it did come back the next day. Pillow didn't work and I was at my whits end. I went into the shed and got the snow fence out. This time I covered the whole window over. If anything I was going to stop this robin.

While putting the snow fence up, I noticed the bird had flown across the street and was attacking their basement window with as much vim and vigor as anything.

Sure as I'm typing this the next day the thumping was back. But this time it was in the other room. I had scared the bird off my window but it was now attacking the window in the other room.

Finally this morning there was no thumping. Either the robin flew into the window enough times that it killed itself or it has left.

Killer bird marks on the window.

No comments: