Friday, August 31, 2007

Fires, peeing and childhood memories

I was chatting with dad this evening and he told me a story about his dad as he doesn't remember much about him. He does remember getting a spanking from him for burning down a lumber yard. It wasn't big and it was part of the general store. He doesn't remember much other details of this incident.

The general store was owned by his childhood buddies parents. He remembers the two of them stealing candy from the store and easting it in the woods.

This friend of his also lived above the store. It was a French family. His buddy had his own room and dad remembers his buddy used to stand on his bed and pee on the walls. Nice friends dad!

They used to go swimming and fishing in the river all the time.

Dad has a whole bunch of stories like this that I wish he would write down, but he won't. I will try to capture them as best as I possibly can.

No comments: