Sunday, August 26, 2007

Highs and Lows

What a day of highs and lows. I was on the internet this morning and dad & I got the lottery numbers. We didn't check the ticket. Mom saw the numbers and got excited. She didn't believe the numbers so went to the 'net herself and verified them. We got 5 out of 6 numbers! We were all excited and tried to figure out what we won. Dad said about $10 and I thought about $200. We checked the webpage and saw we won 4.75% of the pot. Here we figured we won $712,500!

Excited we called Jacki. I even made sure she was sitting down. She couldn't believe it and was going to look into it when she went to Brenda's office. We hung up the phone and had breakfast. Making all these wonderful plans was exciting. After breakfast Jacki called back. I went to have a shower and never got to talk to her. When I came up dad said not to hurray as we didn't win the huge amount we thought. Jacki had looked into it further and found out that there were 175 winning tickets that had 5/6 numbers. Our spoils shrank. So instead of winning $712,500 we won about $2,100. Divided by the four of us, that was $500 each. There goes the down payment on my condo!

We were all gloomy after that. Oh well, guess I have to go to work tomorrow now. :(

No comments: