Monday, November 07, 2005

My Baby Brother Visits ME!

Rod came out to visit me the last weekend in October. Ok, so the real reason is that I'm trying to set him up with my friend and co-worker Dana. I think they would make a good couple, so I convinced him to come out for a visit.

Rod had a good adventure. I was at work when he came into town on the Friday, so he took a limousine to my house. Apparently there were no taxi cabs around so he took a limo - just something my brother would do.

Dana & I came home Friday night to pick Rod up for supper. We all decided we wanted Sushi so we went to this great Sushi/Martini bar. It was a good meal. Rod & Dana picked on me (I know, they weren't nice!) and I think they sort of hit it off. After dinner we went to a walk to Sugar Mountain to wear off some dinner and drinks. Being still early in the night, we decided that Rod needed a visit to the Palomino Club.

If you've never been to Winnipeg, this is a club to see. It has a wide range of people who go there. Anyone from age 18-80 goes. The fashions, ages, styles are just too funny. It is a great place to people watch. We saw one guy who looked exactly like Joe Pesci from the movie "My Cousin Vinny". He had the slicked back black hair, cowboy boots on and a really nice bright blue suit jacket. We had a great time.

On Saturday I took Rod shopping at the Forks to buy Mom a birthday present. We also picked up some hockey tickets for the Manitoba Moose hockey game. They are the farm team for Vancouver. We had a good time but froze our asses off. Ok, everyone who has gone to a professional hockey game knows, that you should not need a winter jacket, scarf, mittons or hat to watch a game inside. Our seats (3 rows up from the ice) were friggin cold! Ya think with a NEW building, they would think about putting heat in the place - GUESS NOT!!!! Even though it was cold we had fun.

After the hockey game we ended up in this great lounge at Ray & Jerry's. You walk in and it is an old retro lounge - red leather chairs and a bar menu from the 50s. The only thing that was missing was Frank Sinatra or Sammy Davis Jr. playing in the back ground.

Sunday we relaxed before having to take Rod to the airport. Hopefully I'll have a new sister in the future - NO PRESSURE ROD!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay Val fork out the info would you please. Did Dana and Rod hit it off is there relationship potential. No pressure Rod but some family members want to know!!