Saturday, January 04, 2014

Scraps

So what do you do on a Saturday when the weather is cold outside and you have a big box of scrap material? Well you get to work and clean that box up. I found a pattern that I want to make out of the big scrap box full of material. I had most of it cut out but wanted to get it complete.

I got all the pieces cut that I needed and found that I did not make a dent in the box. So with the remaining material, I cut them into 2.5 inch pieces so I can make a whole bunch of nine patch blocks. Once they are all sewn together I can make yet another scrap quilt.

This by no means is the end of the scraps as I only brought one box home from mom's. At least it is a start. Here are the pictures from today's work project.

Box of scraps needing to be cut up

First bag of scraps for the garbage

Nice piles of pieces cut up

Half way through the box

Finally box cleaned up and ready to be sewn together

No comments: