Wednesday, November 13, 2013

St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands

Here's a picture of the hallway. Jacki & I are at mid-ship, while Mom & Dad with Rod & Dana are in the aft (back of the ship). This reminds me of the movie The Shining - the hallway seems to get longer and longer no matter how far you get down it.


LAND! Thank goodness for land! Ok this is just a rock in the ocean but it means land is not far.




First port today is St. Thomas, the wonderful little island. Dad and I are off on a catamaran to swim with the turtles. I tried all I could to get him to stay ashore as he's not feeling well but he won't. So off the two of us go.

Turtle Cover Catamaran Sail & Snorkel
  • Board a custom-built sailing catamaran for a 60 minute sail to Turtle Cove on Buck Island
  • Once anchored your crew will provide instructions and lead a guided snorkeling tour. Stay at Turtle Cover will be approximately 90 minutes.
  • View tropical fish, coral covered boulders and green sea turtles gliding along in their natural habitat grazing on sea grasses.



Would have been cool to be on this boat though.

I got to snorkel with sea turtles and see beautiful fishies swimming on a coral reef! Amazing experience. I never wanted to leave the water. Watching the sea turtles eat grass under water and then surface right in front of you was so cool. Then swimming over a coral reef and seeing the magnificent colorful fish and coral. Wow, I truly could do this every day. Do I have to go back onto that big ship? I can handle the little catamaran with no problems.

Beautiful St. Thomas

We got back to the ship and dad wasn't feeling or looking well so I came back aboard with him to put him to bed. While he slept, I took a few pictures off the deck. I would have liked to explore St. Thomas more but being the good daughter I stayed with him.


Another lovely sunset

No comments: