Saturday, March 23, 2013

Tom Campbell's Hill

Dropped Jacki off at work and took Lucy on a little adventure. Thought we needed a different scene so we went to Tom Campbell's Hill. I heard of it before but wasn't sure where or what to expect. It was a nice little park and we'll have to definitely go back in the summer when the grass is green. Also I think this will be a great spot for taking night shots. Going to have to add this to my places to revisit.


Zoo

Zoo

Calgary Skyline

Sniffer



Saddledome




Funny cloud


On the drive home, we were by Fort Calgary and I've never been so thought we'd quickly stop by to check it out. Sorry to say I was disappointed. I've always heard of all the events and how wonderful the place is. It is just a large building with 2 smaller sheds. Guess I can't complain as they have been standing for all this time. Anyway we took a little walk around it, along the Bow River shoreline and then drove home.

 Main building

Out buildings

Geese


Along the river pathway there are these red boxes

On top of the boxes are these silver maple leaves

I searched the Calgary website to find out what these are. They are part of the new East Village revitalization and these are actual seats and they light up at night (another TRIP!) - "the red cubed seating is internally lit adding a special night time effect along the riverbanks." Good thing I'm taking a night photography class in a couple of weeks.

Front (or back?) of Fort Calgary facing the Bow River


No comments: