Saturday, May 30, 2009

Last Supper

Jacki took Mom, Dad and myself out to dinner this evening before they leave on for their trip tomorrow. I am driving them to the airport to be there for 4AM tomorrow morning! They leave at 6am and fly to Seattle where they will board the Norwegian Pearl and sail off to Alaska. I wish I was going as I need a holiday very, very badly.

We went back to Jacki's place and I was snooping through some of her books and found two great quotes that really mean something to me.

THE PRESENT IS WHERE YOU ARE MEANT TO BE NOW - TOMORROW IS FOR THE FUTURE AND THE PAST IS THE PAST.

The past is gone forever and cannot be changed. Forgive yourself and others and move on. Live for the present and make it positive and wonderful. All that you are learning today can be put to good use tomorrow. Today is the first day of the rest of your life - get on with it, every moment is precious.


FREE YOURSELF OF GUILT, GO FORWARD WITH LIFE.

You cannot undo what you have done, although you can try to repair the damage. Forgive yourself and others. Guilt will fill you with anguish. What is past is past. Go forward with your life and learn from your experience to make you a better, more feeling and loving person.

If there were any two quotes that explained my persona, it would be those two.

I think my traveling Alberta trip is off this year. With the economy, the price of gas and not knowing what my job holds I think I'll be sticking close to home. I might make a few day trips though.

Dad and I were talking this morning and we got on the topic of the old house Grandma Jenkins lived in, in Drumheller. How the house did not have the front room on it when dad was growing up as that was later on when Grandma and Canada got together. Dad also was reminiscing about how he used to walk everywhere growing up. His brother Jimmy had a bike and would ride home and be home a half hour earlier than dad. Dad would get a spanking for being late, but that was because he was walking.

Not until dad traded his dog Rex for Jimmy's bike did he get around any other way than walking.

No comments: