Saturday, July 12, 2014

Peanuts Quilts - first batch

So a fellow Peanuts Collectors Club member had a whole bunch of peanuts material he wanted quilts made out of. After a few emails back and forth I agreed to make some quilts for him. He sent me the material in February 2014. It was a LOT of material.




At first I thought I'd use my own creativity to make the quilts. This worked well for my "Peanuts Baseball" quilt.


And was easy to put the panels together to make 2 pillowcases.



But I needed a pattern or something for the next batch of material I picked out. I finally found something and took the material home to cut up. It took me quite a while to cut all the pieces and then sew them together. Working only on this at night, time seemed to drag on.

Then life happened. I didn't have an opportunity to work on the quilts for a while.

Finally getting the tops put together at home, I had to go to mom's to make the backing. She has the bigger table which makes working so much easier.

I was going to quilt the two projects on mom's machine but she got sick and it just didn't happen. I took them into My Sewing Room at the beginning of June and had them quilted. It was coming up July and I hadn't heard anything so I stopped by. I was able to convince them to quilt them right away.

Getting them home, it took another week to sew on the binding and finish them off.

Peanuts Popsicle Stick



Peanuts Baseball

The Peanuts Baseball is an original design.

Mom helped teach me how to create pillowcases for the quilts to be stored in...or used. Thanks Mom!


Finally a shout out & thank you goes to my lovely assistant - Jacki - who held up my creations for me to take pictures of.


No comments: