Saturday, March 20, 2010

Lucky Amber Heart

Well it has been a very long week. Work has been really busy and I've been having a problem with this one project. The project hasn't been going as smoothly as most projects I've worked on. The biggest issue is that I have no control over what is happening. We were contracted to just install printers and no due diligence was completed. New printers in offices with no ports, no print queues opened.... problem after problem.

Lucy and I went to our first puppy class. She did a good job and I was proud of her. By taking her to puppy play, she had the confidence and wasn't afraid of the other dogs. She has been already sitting as I make her do that before she gets a treat so that command was easy for her to learn. She is getting better at focusing on me and the "off" command. This week we have to work on her "down".

So Friday night I come home from work and Lucy is giving me the love. She grabs my necklace which has on it the amber heart I bought in the Dominican. Somehow she pulls it off and swallows it. UG! All night each poop she had I tried to see if I could see it. But no luck. She had a LOT of poos but I wasn't able to see anything. Plus being dark at night didn't help!

This morning the little bugger had a poo by the fence in mom's garden. I thought to myself - "sure, have a poo by the fence and the piece that falls where I can't get it will have my heart in it!". Well I was somewhat right! I found my amber heart in her poo but I was able to save it and get it back. Ya me!!

With the amber heart cleaned up (OK I almost dropped it down the sink) it is now safe in my jewelry box until I can get a clasp to put it back on my necklace.

My amber heart went thru Lucy with no problems - how lucky is that!

No comments: