Friday, January 17, 2020

Dear Jane: Decision & Prep

Well I have made a few decisions on this project.
  1. I am going to do ‘quilt as you go’ with the blocks as I finish them.
  2. I’m working on a pattern for the back so when the blocks are put together, it has a nice backing.
  3. I ordered the Dear Jane templates to piece the blocks together. I have never paper pieced before so don’t want to waste the limited fabric I have. Nor do I want to get frustrated and put this back on the shelf.
I worked out the back of the quilt pattern, figured out the number of blocks and cut them out. As you can see I have given it a first pass of organizing the fabric. I will take all the pieces over to mom & dad’s where they have to floor space and will lay it out to ensure it is organized for when I start Quilting.


I am waiting for my templates to come, which should be next week. I can also start looking at the blocks and see if I can organize the first row at least.

No comments: