Sunday, July 07, 2013

Lost Dog

So I was walking home from dropping the car off for Jacki at her work. It is only about a half hour walk to our place. Close to home, on the busy intersection of Heritage Drive and Macleod Trail I see this dog running in the street. It crossed after almost getting hit - people didn't even bother to slow down. I whistled and the dog came up to me. I was able to grab her and thankfully I had an extra leash with me. I hooked her up and tried calling the number of the city tag - it said it was out of service! So I called 311 and spoke with a rep who suggested I go to the police station.

I walked to the station just to find it closed. Again I called 311 and while on the phone with a new rep the owner came up, frantic. His dog seemed to have started chasing a rabbit and then got confused. He was very grateful that I found her but wasn't really worried as she is microchipped. I suggested he get a tag with his number on it.

Good deed done for the day, dog returned to her owner.


No comments: