Friday, July 15, 2011

Lucy & Valerie's Great Adventure... well sort of.

Lucy and I went for what seemed like a nice walk after supper this evening. We started off from home and headed for the pathway along the top of the ridge. It was a nice evening out and Lucy didn't go for a walk for a few days so I thought we'd go to the knoll. This is a little hill sticking out of the field by the river.

So we walked quickly to the path and went onwards to the knoll. Once we got on top I thought we'd like a little adventure and follow the animal path along the river back to the pathway just down the hill from where we started from.

The pathway goes through some bush and it not seen by the paved pathway on top of the ridge. The only way someone could see you is if they were across the river or a boat on the river.

We made it fine on the pathway and came back upon the paved pathway at the bottom of the hill by the river. At that point my stomach started to rumble.

We started up the long pathway (it is steep and curvy) and I just couldn't make it. The stomach rumbling turned into a little bulge in my shorts. I could feel the urgency to do something but was stuck - I couldn't make it up the long hill and back home in time.

So I went back down the hill a little to where there were large bushes and grass. Lucy was my lookout and I quickly pulled down my pants just before Montezuma hit. Whew, just in time too!

Good thing growing up we went camping and I knew how to do my business in the bush. I used Lucy's poo bag as my toilet paper and stepped out of the grass like nothing happened. Thank goodness no one was around and I'd hate to see what happened if someone went into where I came out. Even Lucy wasn't that adventurous to check it out!

We made it back up the steep hill and home in one piece.

Reminder: NEVER GO FOR A WALK RIGHT AFTER SUPPER ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAD SALAD. It just seems to go through me quickly!

No comments: