Saturday, March 22, 2008

Cars, Cars and more cars...

Well I've been searching for a new vehicle for 2 weeks now and have finally narrowed it down. I wanted a small SUV type vehicle to replace my beloved Subaru Forrester. My car wanted to be a pole dancer, but slide into it instead. Poor thing was written off but after 9 years I think it was time to say good-bye.

So I searched on Consumer Reports and last weekend went to the car show where I was able to sit in and look at all the vehicles that interested me. Thanks to Rod for telling me about the show and suggesting I go and take a look. Saved me from driving all over the city looking at vehicles.

I narrowed my search to two vehicles - the Saturn Vue and Nissan Rogue. Today I went and test drove them both.

First was the Rogue. It is higher off the ground than my Subaru but I was able to see over the dash and front - major points for me. The seat is adjustable - both front back and up down. The vehicle I test drive was very nice, easy to see all round and quiet on the Deerfoot. I really enjoyed the drive.

Next was the Vue. It was even higher off the ground and had a larger cargo area than the Rogue. Again I was able to see over the dash and front. The test drive didn't go as well. The vehicle felt tinny and was noisy on the Deerfoot. The only good points with this vehicle were the 0% financing and the ability to use some of mom & dad's GM points.

My decision has now been made and I am going for the Nissan Rogue. Monday I need to get a hold of the insurance company to find out where my money is for my Subaru. I want to be in my new vehicle by next weekend.

I'm still torn on the colour - either orange or the blue. Let's see what comes of this week.

No comments: