Friday, February 16, 2007

Case 20070208 - SOLVED!

Interesting and funny story...

For over a week now, when I go to work I have been noticing footprints in the snow that look like they are trying to look into my window. The footprints seemed to come from the neighbors house, walk up between the cars and garage and step on the lawn just past the garage door. They would then turn around, head down the driveway and be lost in the tracks in the street. It has snowed consistently for a week and after dad shovels the snow, the next morning the footprints were back. I told everyone at work about this and they suggested I call the police.

So from that point onward I've ensured that my bedroom window blinds are closed and I was no longer walking around in my undies downstairs after I got out of the shower

Dad has been reading the Janet Evanovich "Stephanie Plum" series and decided he would play Stephanie. So he got up one morning around 6 am in his pajamas (I'd say he was more like Grandma Mazur!), got a stool and watched out the window in the door. Nothing happened that day.

So early this week dad called the police and he had a hard time getting someone to hear his story. Information was taken and dad thought he'd try another sting. This morning he got up at 5 am, dressed in sweats and went into the garage to stand on the back of the truck to look out the garage window. He came in the house after making an awful racket saying this case was closed.

Apparently the guy who delivers the paper drives up and parks in front of the neighbors house. He delivers the paper to the neighbors, walks in front of our house as the footprints will show, stands on the lawn and then throws the paper to the neighbors house on the other side. The paper lands perfectly on their doorstop. The paper guy is going so fast that he doesn't have time to do anything else.

So I don't have a peeping tom or stocker but will sleep better knowing the my dad the private investigator is on the job!

No comments: